Petition to the Government of Canada
- Section 6 of the Charter of Rights and Freedom says Canadians have the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada;
- Section 2(a) of the Charter of Rights and Freedom says Canadians have freedom of conscience and religion;
- Section 15 of the Charter of Rights and Freedom says Canadians are not allowed to be discriminated against based on, for example, mental or physical ability (health);
- Canadians have the right to informed choice when it comes to vaccines and other medical treatments, they cannot be forced or coerced;
- Canadians want their freedom of movement and right to privacy of their personal health data to be positively affirmed by the government;
- Vaccine passports or certificates could impact different sectors of the economy (travel, tourism, hospitality for instance) and the quality of life of many Canadians and residents of Canada;
- Vaccine passports do not recognize the robust immunity of those with previous infection, and coerce those with natural exposure to become vaccinated, despite limited data on the safety of these vaccines for these people; and
- It is the sacred duty of the Government of Canada to guard against discrimination and guarantee the freedoms secured to Canadians.
We, the undersigned, citizens of Canada, call upon the House of Commons to: 1. Ensure that freedom of participation in life and access to public spaces in Canada is not contingent on being vaccinated or having a vaccine passport or certificate; and 2. Protect the fundamental civil rights of Canadians by disallowing vaccine passport certificates nationally.